Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Paper City

This was the kind of project that seemed very intimating to me at first, just to think of creating pieces of card stock that must have some kinetic energy to them. But as I began developing ideas and gathering materials, I experienced a variety of different ways I could go about this project.
 
My first idea was something very simple:
 
(I posted this on Snapchat )
 
 
Hanging bananas. This was not at all creative and abstract enough, but helped me get a head start on what I could do. I took the bananas away to see what I could do with a weaving method.

 
I created a little creature with the "basket" and using the weaving method, I was able to make its eyeballs pop in and out, as well as its tongue.

 
 
The sea-saw was just a random idea that seemed interesting to me, but went so well together with the little creature! How cute is that?

 


No comments:

Post a Comment